Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Here's a fun recipe, which has loads of fiber and healthy ingredients in a cookie.
 This oatmeal cookie was introduced to me by my friend Jane, last week.
 It calls for two (2) cups of unbleached flour, sifted.
 One (1) cup of wheat bran, which I could not find, so I substituted oat bran.
 One and one-half (1 1/2)  cups of oats, I used Old Fashioned, but she used Quick Oats.
 The next dry ingredients were one (1) teaspoon salt,
  and one (1) teaspoon baking soda.  Blend the dry ingredients in the bowl well, and set aside.  I transferred them to a smaller bowl.
Back in the large mixing bowl, cream two (2) sticks of butter.
 Blend in one-half (1/2) cup sugar,
 and one (1) cup packed brown sugar.
 Mix in two (2) eggs,
 one (1) teaspoon Vanilla,
 and add one and one-half (1 1/2) cups Chocolate chips.
 Blend really well so that the butter is mixed in thoroughly.  Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
Onto an ungreased cookie sheet, drop either as loose bits or as I did, rolled blobs, (which is a little messy.)  Bake at 375 degrees F. for twelve (12) minutes.
 Excellent Chocolate Chip cookies for a healthy snack, stored in a plastic tub.


Jane's Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups Flour
1 cup wheat Bran
1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips

( I actually doubled this recipe to have plenty on hand for friends)